Saturday, June 7, 2014

Heaven's Gates






Heavens Gate


november my heart
did die bit by bit slowly
so sick was my love

cancer so evil
ate all that was he away
soon gone my life's love

january frost
he suffered so much alone
hospital bed cold

my soul did die then
whispering soft in his ear 

we will again meet

wait my love for me
I promise not to be long
hands we'll hold again

meeting at the gates
angels will sing our love song
we'll see our lord then

I wait now to go
impatient for time to past
I would follow you

were you lead I go
our hearts blend eternally
even unto death







2 comments:

  1. You certainly know how to pull the heart strings with your words. But you are not crying in the wilderness you are reinforcing the love you had and will always have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loss is so very painful that sometimes the only answer seems to follow the course that caused it..perhaps the approach to those gates is not one we can entirely choose however..the pain is tenderly unfurled in this piece - well done..

    ReplyDelete